This report shows an accounts receivable summary as of a date that you specify. It is broken down by revenue item and then by age. The main view shows you all revenue items with open invoices and then you can drill down to see the specific companies and open invoices for a clicked revenue item.
Running the Report
For easier access, this report is also available on the dashboard: Financial Reports button.
- Click on the Reports menu and Run a Report.
- Click to expand the Revenue Reports.
- Click to expand the Accounts Receivable Reports.
- Click on Accounts Receivable Summary.
This will open a window where you define parameters for the report.
After you click OK to run the report, you can refresh the report page at any time to go back to the parameters window, and make changes.
At the top of the report, be sure to look at the paging controls (see screenshot below). If the button on the right (next page) is available then there is more data.
After you define these parameters, scroll to the bottom, and click OK to go into the report.
Select As Of Date (Apply Date): This date determines visibility and age. In other words, which open invoices will be included in the report, and where they should appear (which age range column).
- Visibility: If you enter 10/1/23 for the Select As Of Date, then open invoices with an Apply Date prior to or equal to 10/1/23 will be included in the report.
- Age: The age is then determined by calculating the number of days between the invoice’s Due Date and the entered date. So, an open invoice that has a due date of 9/1/23 will appear in the 0-30 column because, as of the entered date, 10/1/23, the open invoice is 0-30 days past due.
Accounting Package Name Contains: This allows you to include data for a specific accounting package based on the Revenue Item(s) used on the invoice. In your Global Settings (Admin menu), under the Accounting Packages tab, you will see the Accounting Package Name. If you want to focus on data for that package, enter that name in the parameters window.
Otherwise leave this as All to show all data.
Breakdown of Report
The open invoices shown depends on their Apply Date. For example, if you run this report and, in the report parameters window, enter a date (Select As Of Date) of 1/1/2023, then open invoices with an Apply Date prior to or equal to 1/1/2023 will appear in the report.
On the left side of this report is a list of revenue items.
To the right of each revenue item are columns that break the data down by age (days past due). For example, the “0-30” column reflects the total dollar amount of open invoices that are 0-30 days old.
The age is based on the open invoice’s Due Date, relative to the date entered in the report parameters window (the Select As Of Date). For example, if you enter 1/1/2023:
- The amount in the “0-30” column is the total dollar amount of open invoices that are up to 30 days past due (i.e., the entered date of 1/1/2023 is up to 30 days after the invoice’s due date).
- The amount in the “31-60” column is the total dollar amount of open invoices that are 31-60 days past due (i.e., the entered date of 1/1/2023 is 31-60 days after the invoice’s due date).
- There is also a “Not Due” column which shows open invoices where the invoice’s due date is after the entered date of 1/1/2023.
In the main report view, you can click on a revenue item to drill down to a list of companies and open invoices for that revenue item. Alternatively, you can click on an amount in one of the columns, and it will drill down to the same thing, but for the revenue item on the row that you clicked.
So, when you run this report, you will start in the main report view, and get a high-level view of all revenue items with their total outstanding balances. The drilled down view will focus on a specific revenue item and show you the specific company names and invoice numbers that have outstanding balances.
You can return to the main report view by clicking on the Main Report tab.
In the top left corner is a button to print which allows you to export this report to PDF.
Once exported to PDF, you can view and print the PDF.
Also in the top left corner is a button to export to other formats.
The other available formats include:
- Crystal Reports (RPT)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Rich Text Format
- Character Separated Values (CSV)