In this article, we will help you understand the differences between the browser version and desktop version as they relate to Profile Relationships.
More detailed articles are linked at the bottom.
Relationships continue to be a very important part of managing profiles in the browser version whether it's a parent company, subsidiary, employer, employee, former employee, and the list goes on.
In the desktop version, this relationship was created or changed by going into the profile, going under the Related Profiles tab, and either right clicking in the grid to create a relationship, or changing an existing relationship by adjusting the checkboxes.
In the browser version:
- After going into a profile by using the Quick Search at the top or by using the Profile Selector (clicking on the profile name), you will see a Primary Relationships panel.
- In the Primary Relationships panel, a list of related profiles will appear, and like the desktop version, you can click on the profile name to jump to that profile if desired.
- If any related profiles are marked as the Main Contact or Billing Contact, you will see that label in the bottom right corner of the profile.
- At the top of the panel are options to Relate an Existing Profile or Relate a New Profile (the latter option is the same function as right clicking in the desktop and choosing Create New Relation).
For more information on relating a new profile, please refer to the standard article on Creating a New Individual Related Profile.
- Next to the two Relate options is a Manage All option. This takes you to a screen where you can see all of the related profiles and change their role (similar to desktop): the main contact, billing contact, editor, and whether they should receive communication.
The Main Contact checkbox is the same function as the Main Profile checkbox in the desktop version.
- To the right of each related profile is an Actions button which allows you to Edit the Relationship Type and more, or to Delete the relationship.
For more information about changing the relationship type, please refer to the standard article on Managing Relation Types.
Profile Relationships Overview
Managing Related Profiles
Managing Relation Types
Creating a New Individual Related Profile