MailChimp users can set up an integration with MC Trade to sync profile data to email audiences in MailChimp, as well as pass email communication records from MailChimp into profile Contact records in MC Trade. The sync can happen manually through the browser interface, and can also be scheduled to occur automatically once each night. Click here for instructions on activating and configuring the MailChimp integration.
Once you have your integration set up, you can manually initiate a sync with MailChimp at any time. There are two types of manual syncs. The first type (step 2 below) simply manually triggers the full sync of the list using your overall sync settings, the same settings used for the automated overnight sync. The second type of sync (go to step 3 below) can create or maintain a separate audience apart from your default audience. These separate audiences can only be updated through the manual syncs and will not be updated by the overnight automated sync.
- Go to Communication > MailChimp Sync.
- To run a full sync of your default "MC Trade" audience based on the options already configured in your settings, select the radio button "Run full sync with MailChimp." This will use the related member profiles and/or the profiles with the Affiliation Codes you've selected in Admin > Global Settings > Integrations, in the Email Providers tab for MailChimp.
- Main Contacts and/or profiles with the Receives Communication flag related to Members will be given the "Member" tag in your default MC Trade audience in MailChimp
- Profiles with the Affiliation codes listed will have tags added to their contact record in MailChimp for each Affiliation Code. If the Affiliation Code does not already match a tag in MailChimp, a tag will be automatically created for those subscribers.
- Profile not meeting the above criteria who have been previously synced from MC Trade will be removed from the tags they no longer belong to.
- Contact records will be created in MC Trade for any email communications that have gone out to subscribers if a Contact Type is selected in Settings.
- OR, to manually select a subset of profiles to sync to a unique, separate Audience in MailChimp, select the radio button "Select profiles to sync with MailChimp"
- Click the Select Profiles button.
- Using the Profile Selector, search for the profiles you would like to sync. Click the checkbox at the top left in the results grid to select all results (or manually select the profiles you would like to sync in the grid). Click the Select button.
- Choose an Audience in MailChimp to add the selected profiles to. If you would like to create a new Audience, select Create New List from the dropdown and enter the name of the new Audience. Note that these will be created as new contacts in MailChimp, outside of your default Audience updated through the full/automated sync in number 2 above.
- If you would like to REPLACE the entire selected audience with the profiles you have selected, check the box "Unsubscribe list subscribers not listed above." If you leave this box unchecked, the profiles you selected will simply be added to the existing audience, without affecting other subscribers already on the audience.
- Click Sync Profiles.
Please sign in to leave a comment.