Atlas helps you track the details of a member's relationship with your organization by assigning Member Activity Codes. Member Activities are milestones in a member's life with you; they document what happens between the time they join and drop.
Atlas will prompt you to assign a Member Activity Code whenever you add or remove the Member status of a Profile. Many organizations choose to create very specific Join and Drop Activity Codes so they can more accurately measure the reasons members join or drop. A common example is creating Drop Codes for Drop - Out of Business or Drop - No Benefit. Other organizations create codes that document when a member upgrades or downgrades their membership status. How specific your Activity Codes are is entirely up to you.
1. Go to Admin > Manage Codes, then click Member Codes > Member Activity Codes.
2. Click Add a Member Activity Type.
3. In the Activity Type text field, enter the name of your new Activity Type.
4. In the Description text field, enter a description of this Activity Code.
5. If the Activity Code you are creating is meant to be applied when a Member joins your organization, check the Add Code box.
6. If the Activity Code you are creating is meant to be applied when a Member drops your organization, check the Drop Code box.
7. If the Activity Code you are creating is meant to be applied when a Member changes their membership status in your organization, check the Change Code box.
8. Click Save. Your new Activity Code appears in the Codes grid.