Every person that needs to access your Atlas system must be set up with a User Account. You can create and configure each user according to the level of access they should be granted in your Atlas system.
Atlas uses a Username and Password credentials system to ensure the privacy and security of your data. No matter which method you log in to Atlas (desktop or browser) your user credentials will be the same. Every user in Atlas must have the following items:
- A Profile Record in Atlas
- An email address
- A User Name
- A Password
- A User Role
Adding a New User Account
Before beginning the steps below, ensure that the user Account you are about to create has a Profile Record you can link it to.
- On the menu bar, click Admin > Manage System Users. A grid containing all active users will appear.
- To create a new user, click Add a User
- Search for the user's profile in your database. The profile just needs to have a name and email address, which will be pulled in to the user record after you select it.
- Fill in the username and password of the user, and the email if one was not populated from the profile.
- Choose User Role. See notes below
- Click Save.
If an existing User needs new access levels or a new password in Atlas, you can modify their existing User account. Click "Edit" in the grid for the user you need to update. You can change any field here (including changing the linked profile by choosing the "change profile" link), and save your changes.
To inactivate a user, check "Inactive User" on the edit screen. Today's date will default into the Inactivate Date field, and you can click Save. That user will no longer be able to log in to any version of your Atlas database.
- User Roles may be created and/or edited in the Manage Codes section > User Codes > User Roles.