As part of our commitment to your success, we’re happy to announce several improvements to Atlas to help you manage your organization more efficiently and effectively. We will roll out these changes to all customers by June 5.
This release includes the following enhancements and fixes:
- Set up an Automatic Recurring Billing record for recurring credit card charges in the browser: when editing a profile's Billing records in the browser version of Atlas, you'll now see a checkbox to "Set as Automatic Recurring Billing" if you have ARB enabled for your organization. You can select your desired Payment Type that the system will use to record the Atlas payment, then enter the credit card information to submit to your gateway to create the recurring charge.*
- Updated Export in the Profile Selector: in the browser version of the Profile Selector, the "Export to CSV" option was previously a large data dump of basic profile information. With this release, we've updated that export to contain all of the fields you configured to show in the Profile Selector Setting section of your admin settings, labeled according to those settings.
- Fixed the Member Since date field in the profile edit screen, so that it can be manually typed into and saved with the typed-in date
- Fixed an issue preventing addresses with a # symbol from updating longitude and latitude values for customers using Google Maps
- Updated behind-the-scenes processes to help speed up performance for certain impacted customers
*Note that at this time, responses from the credit card gateway rejecting the credit card and failing to set up the recurring charge are not displayed as an error when you save the profile. After saving, if you do NOT get a success message and/or see the subscription ID from the gateway displayed in the saved billing record, you'll need to try again or use the desktop to get the details of the error from the gateway. We are working on a fix for this and will have any gateway errors properly displayed in the screen with the next release.