Integrating Atlas with your QuickBooks system allows you to easily keep the two applications in sync with each other. Once connected, Atlas will be your system of record for revenue transaction detail, and QuickBooks will remain your overall accounting package.
Connecting the two systems is a three-part process:
- Configuring an Accounting Package in Atlas or QuickBooks
- Authorizing Atlas as a system that is allowed to push information to QuickBooks
- Importing your Account Codes from QuickBooks Online to Atlas
Once these steps are completed, Atlas will have the ability to post Summary Journal Entries into QuickBooks, so that both systems share the information.
IMPORTANT: The Atlas integration with QuickBooks Online does not support multiple QuickBooks Online accounting packages. In some cases, it may be possible to manually configure multiple packages. Doing so requires custom work by our data team. This setup for multiple QuickBooks Online connections is not officially supported by the integration and may not work in all cases. Please contact our support team for details.
Note: The steps below walk you through the process of integrating Atlas to the Online version of QuickBooks. If you are a QuickBooks desktop version user, please click here for separate instructions.
To integrate your Atlas database with QuickBooks Online, you will need your QuickBooks administrative login credentials and have administrative access in your Atlas database. Once you set up the integration, you can import your chart of accounts and set up your Revenue Codes to begin posting summary journal entries from Atlas to QuickBooks Online.
- Go to Admin > Set Preferences > Application Settings in Atlas. The Settings window will open.
- Click the Accounting Package Integration tab
- Click Edit/View Accounting Packages.
- Click New at the bottom.
- In the Package Type drop-down menu, select QuickBooks Online.
- Click in the Name field and enter a name for the accounting package - this can be "Association QB" or anything you like, to reference the overall Accounting Package.
- Scroll all the way to the far right, and click the Authorize and Test Connection link. A popup will appear, prompting you for QuickBooks login credentials:
- Enter your administrative login and password, and sign in to authorize Atlas to connect to QuickBooks Online. If you have multiple companies in your QBO account, you'll need to choose just one of them to complete the integration, and click Next. If you have logged in successfully and the test is successful, you will see a "Connection Successful" message.
- Click OK to close the QuickBooks screen
- In Atlas, click Save at the bottom of the screen.
You are now connected to your QuickBooks Online account! The next steps to complete the integration include the following:
- Import your relevant GL accounts - you MUST import accounts when using QBO, they cannot be manually entered. This will also populate any QuickBooks Classes that you use.
- set up your revenue items, payment types and adjustment types.
When you Post Transactions to a QuickBooks Online accounting package, a journal entry will be created for each day, for each balancing debit/credit.
This feature is included or available for purchase with the following Atlas packages.