In Atlas, a Profile Record contains all of the information such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address about a particular organization or individual that you want to manage. You will be able to use it to send e-mail, track contact history like telephone calls and more. Each type of profile then has its own corresponding type-specific fields.
To Create a New Profile:
1. On the menu bar, click Profiles > Create a New Profile.
2. Click the Profile Type dropdown and select the appropriate profile type. If the new profile is a Prospect or Member, check the appropriate box.
3. Fill in the new Profile's name (Sort Name and Report Name will fill in automatically, which you can change if necessary).
4. Use the Address 1 and Address 2 fields to input Profiles's street address or PO Box, not both. Notice that the City, State, Zip, etc. fields are filled in automatically based off of the information you entered when you set up your organization. You may change these fields if necessary. Note that you can track unlimited addresses for any Profile after the Profile is created by clicking the Addresses Tab.
5. Enter the Profile's E-mail address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). Keep in mind this is the primary email address for the Supplier company you are entering.
6. Enter the Profile's phone information. This will become the Profile's default phone number. Note that you can track unlimited additional phone numbers for any Profile after the Profile is created by clicking the Phone Numbers Tab.
7. Click Save. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to save this profile, click Yes.
Note: when finished creating an organization you will be asked if you want to create a related Profile. Click yes if you'd like to create the related individual/main contact at this time - click here for detailed instructions on adding related individuals.
You can now enter the additional information specific to the profile type you have entered (Supplier, Property, etc.). See the links below for more details: