As part of our commitment to excellence and customer success, we’re happy to announce several enhancements and improvements to WebLink Connect to help you manage your organization more efficiently and effectively. As with previous releases, we will roll out these changes in stages beginning Tuesday, September 8th. All customers will have the release by Tuesday, September 15th.
For this release, we've focused on some of the most-requested enhancements from our clients and are introducing 6 new features based on your feedback. The following new features and enhancements are included in this release, click on each item or scroll down to view details on each one:
- New Profile Update Form for Members
- Profile Merge
- Online Bill Pay Automated Receipts
- Optional Revenue Items Enhancement
- Event Registration Profile Assignment Enhancement
- Store Multiple Emails on Profiles
- Bug Fixes and Other Improvements
One of the most important tools in the Members Only section of your website is the Profile Update Form, which allows your members to log in and submit changes to their contact information, preferences, categories and descriptions, etc. Based on substantial client feedback, we are pleased to introduce a brand new online update form that increases the ease and flexibility of member-driven updates. New features include:
- A fully configurable online form that allows you to choose which contact fields are displayed, the ability to rename any field with your desired label, an option to set the number of online directory listings your members can add and edit, and much more. Click here to learn more.
- New permissions settings that allow you to determine which employees can edit information on behalf of their organization, even if they log in as an individual. You can also allow members to edit related organizations like subsidiary companies, managed properties, etc. Click here to learn more.
- An improved member interface that allows your users to quickly and easily submit changes without any hassle or roadblocks, which will lead to increased participation in member-driven updates.
- A brand new management screen to review and approve or reject changes, making it effortless to see which changes have been made, tweak the submitted changes if necessary, and accept with ease. Click here to learn more.
One of our most asked-for features is finally here: the ability to merge the data in two duplicate profiles into a single record (we'll hold for the applause). While we all strive to keep duplicate records to a minimum, it's inevitable that over time, multiple versions of the same person or organization pop up in your database. The new Profile Merge tool allows you to select a profile to remain, select a profile to merge, and move all data (transaction history, event attendance, contact records, referral history, etc) into a single, remaining profile with just a few clicks. Click here for more details.
While some of our online payment options such as event registration have automatic email confirmations, the Online Bill Pay page in our Members Only section (where you send your members dynamic links to pay open invoices) has had only a brief confirmation web page - until now. We've added a configuration setting for you to enable automated email receipts for credit card payments in Online Bill Pay, which will send your members an email with the details of their payment including the last 4 digits of their card number. You can also add custom text to this email as well as configure your subject line and sent from email. Click here for details on configuring this feature.
You already have the ability to add "optional" items to your online bill pay page, where members can choose to include a voluntary contribution with their payment. In the past when they have chosen to pay this, you've had to manually adjust the payment, add line items, and reapply payments. With this release, the process has been automated so that optional revenue items are added to the receipt and the payment properly applied to all items, saving you time and keeping your financial records neat and tidy. Click here for more details.
We've added a setting that allows employees of members to log in to register for an event with their unique, individual username and password, but choose to be invoiced on behalf of their organization. This default setting means that with no additional effort for either the event registrant or your staff, your event sign ups and invoices can flow seamlessly into the correct organization profile while still allowing individuals to use their personal login for special pricing. Click here to learn more.
We've added a tab to the Profile Browser where you can enter multiple email addresses, giving you the ability to track personal and secondary work emails for a profile. Note that while you can record these additional emails in the profile, the Mass Communicator will always use the "primary" email address when sending communications. Click here to see more details on this new feature.
- Fixed an issue causing some clients to be unable to connect to the correct Facebook account for social media posting.