After a payment has been made in your database (through any method), you can send a receipt for that payment from the Transactions tab of the profile that made the payment. You can send an email receipt using your configured Automated Email Receipt (recommended), or you can send a PDF receipt as an attachment in the Mass Communicator.
Once you have configured your automated receipt (see link above), you can send a receipt to the billing profile for any invoice payment.
- Open the profile to which you want to send the receipt, and click the Transactions tab.
- Select the payment in the grid, and then click the Payment Actions dropdown. Choose Send Receipt and click Go.
- The system will prompt you to confirm that you would like to send the emailed receipt. When you click Yes, the email will be sent automatically with all receipt information for that payment. The email will be delivered to:
- The profile indicated in the "Communicate with Related Profile" field on the invoice you have selected.
- If the above is set to "None," the email will be sent to the Billing Contact for the profile (indicated on the Related Profiles tab)
- If there is no Billing Contact, the email will be sent to the Main Contact for the profile
- If none of the above exist, the email will be sent to the email address of the profile itself.
You can also send a PDF attachment of a payment receipt for payments you apply manually in Atlas.
1. Open the profile for which you would like to send a receipt, and click the Transactions tab.
2. Select the payment in the grid, then choose View Receipt from the Payment Actions dropdown and click Go.
3. The receipt report open. Click Send Report in the upper right corner, and choose the format (PDF is recommended), then click Send.
4. The Mass Communicator opens, and the receipt report will be automatically attached to the email. Enter the profile's name/email that you wish to send the receipt to, compose your message and subject line on the message tab, and click Send on the Send tab. For complete instructions on how to build a message in the Mass Communicator, please see this article:
Send a Mass E-mail with the Mass Communicator (Desktop Version)