Related Revenue Items (formerly called Optional Revenue Items) allow your members to add optional/voluntary contributions to their invoices, or chose to allocate a portion of their payment a certain way. You can create one or more Related Item on any of your existing Revenue Items, and it will appear in your Online Bill Pay web page and/or in your database when you process a payment, depending on your settings. The system will then automatically modify your invoice to reflect your Related Items.
1. Go to Admin > Manage Codes > Revenue Codes > Related Revenue Items.
2. Select the Revenue Item to which you want to add the related item (for example "Membership Dues"). This is the actual line item on the invoice that will trigger the Related Revenue Item.
3. Select the Revenue Item for the Related line item. This is the item that will be used to create an actual line item on the invoice if the members chooses to pay it (or if they pay the invoice, if the item isn't optional).
4. Enter the description of the Related Item to appear on your Online Bill Pay page (for example "Voluntary PAC Contribution"). This automatically fills in with the description of the Revenue Item you selected, but you can change it.
5. Enter either the flat amount of the Related Item, or enter a percentage of the actual line item to be calculated. NOTE that the percentage will always be calculated on the original amount of the line item, not the adjusted amount.
7. In the Action dropdown, choose whether you want the Related Item to be added to the invoice total, or rebalanced to split the amount between the items:
8. Once you've chosen whether the Related Item is an Add or Rebalance, set the corresponding settings for how it will be implemented:
9. Click Save.
Repeat these steps for all Revenue Items to which you want to add optional contributions. You can add multiple optional items to each Revenue Items.
You can see these optional contributions display when you go to the Online Bill Pay page in your Members Only website for any member with an open invoice using one of the Revenue Items you set up. Check the checkbox to pay the invoice, and you'll be redirected to the Invoice Modification page, where the user can either uncheck (or check) the optional item and then choose to accept their selection, upon which they'll be returned to the Bill Pay page to enter their payment information. If the item is not optional, the member will not need to view and update the invoice modification page (and will not see the item on their receipt, if it is flagged as hidden).
Once payment is submitted, your payment administrator will be notified as usual and the line item will be added to the invoice, with the payment split appropriately between the two (or more) line items.
You can also modify invoices in your database when you apply a payment. Click here for more information on this process.
This feature is included or available for purchase with the following Atlas packages.