Note: Salesforce purchased Exact Target and branded the tool as Salesforce Marketing Cloud. You will see the label Exact Target in Atlas.Click here for more information.
Atlas is integrated with Salesforce Marketing Cloud to enhance your email abilities through Atlas. Once completed, you will use Atlas for your overall list management and email list building, while using Salesforce Marketing Cloud to draft, send and track your emails. By using the integration, you get the benefits of each product:
Atlas gives you:
- A single location to track all your lists, member preferences, topics of interest, etc
- Special Fields you can place in your emails to personalize information and links
- Online opt-in and opt-out ability by your members and their related profiles
- The ability to initiate emails from the Mass Communicator that get sent through Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud gives you:
- A large assortment of templates and images
- Extensive tracking for open rates, click-through, bounce backs, forwards, and more
Once your Salesforce Marketing Cloud account is set up, the steps to have it integrate fully with your database are minimal and very easy to complete. Follow these steps to activate your Salesforce Marketing Cloud integration (Note; you must already have a Salesforce Marketing Account. Click here for more information.
- In your database, go to Admin > Set Preferences > Application Settings. The Settings screen will open.
- Click the Email Providers tab
- Under the Exact Target Settings area, fill in the three boxes for information; username, password, and Entity ID. Enter this information as provided by Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Click Save.
Once activated, the Exact Target tab and functionality will appear whenever you use the Mass Communicator.