Note that this article applies only to Atlas clients who have purchased a Premium Website. Click here to learn more.
In the content of your website, you can add hyperlinks to both text and images for visitors to your site to click on and be taken to another page on your site, or a new website.
To add a hyperlink to text:
1. Click on the text box you want to edit, then type and/or highlight the text you would like to hyperlink (for example, "click here").
2. With the text highlighted, click on the "Hyperlink" icon in the toolbar:
3. Choose one of the four options provided (see below). If you are linking to another website, it is recommended that you select the "Open in New Window" checkbox. You can also link to an existing page on your website, upload a file to link to (PDF, etc.), or link to an email address to open a new message to that email when clicked:
4. Click Save. Your text change(s) will be saved for that page.
To add a hyperlink to an image:
1. Select the image you would like to link so that the image toolbar appears (below), and click Link.
2. Follow steps 3 and 4 above to link to a new website, one of your pages, a document or an email address when a user clicks the image you've selected.
NOTE: if you would like to link to one of your dynamic Atlas pages, for example an Online Directory page or category, an event registration page, etc., you will use the first option listed in the Link window above, "Website URL." You can copy and paste in the full URL of the directory/event/etc. page (which you can see in your browser when viewing that page).