When setting up and event, you can attach Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to any registration item. People who register for that item will then be attributed CEUs of the type and quantity you choose. You can also manually add CEUs to a profile in the Certifications tab for that profile.
Before assigning CEUs to an event, you will need to set up the different CEU Types (categories/classifications of CEUs) in the Admin section.
- Go to Admin > Manage Codes > Continuing Education Unit Type Codes > Continuing Education Unit Types.
- Click Create a New CEU Type.
- Enter the name of the CEU Type and a brief description.
- In the Accreditation Cycle, enter the number of month for which the CEU Type is valid, for example enter 12 if the CEU Type is valid for 1 year after it is earned. If the CEU Type never expires, you can leave this at 0.
- Click Save above the grid.
If you would like to manually enter CEUs earned outside of your Atlas event registration module, you'll also need to set up Certification Activity Sources.
- Go to Admin > Manage Codes > Continuing Education Unit Type Codes > Certification Activity Sources.
- Click Add a Certification Activity Source.
- Enter a name and brief description for the Source (for example, Credit Transfer or College Equivalency).
- Click Save.
Manually Add CEUs to a Profile
If you want to record a CEU earned outside of the Atlas Events module, you can manually add the CEU on the Certifications section of a profile.
- Open the profile to which you need to add the CEU.
- Scroll down to the Certifications/CEUs section on the bottom right (or click the Certifications tab in the desktop).
- Click Add CEU.
- Select a Source from the dropdown (see Admin section above for details on setting up your CEU Sources).
- Select the Date the CEU was earned.
- Select the CEU Type.
- Enter the total number of credits earned for the selected date.
- Click Save.