You must create the Beanstream Reporting API Passcode and set it in Atlas in order to use the ARB Recovery feature. After logging onto the Beanstream account:
- goto “account settings” under “administration” in the left navigation bar.
- Find the “Reporting” section and locate the “API access Passcode” field under it.
- Click “Generate New Code” if no value is currently set.
Copy and paste the Reporting API Access Passcode to the Credit Card Gateways configuration in Atlas.
- In the Atlas click Admin -> Set Preferences – Application Settings.
- Click the Credit Card Processing tab and then click the “Edit/View Credit Card Gateways” link.
- Scroll right and locate the “Beanstream Reporting Passcode” field. Paste the Reporting API Access Passcode into this field and then click Save.
We recommend testing the configuration before continuing as sometimes the existing API passcode will not work. You can test that the API passcode works correctly by triggering the ARB Recovery feature in Atlas. In Settings (click Admin -> Set Preferences -> Application Settings), on the Credit Card Processing tab, click the “Recover ARB” button. If it is successful, it will inform you of transactions that have been processed or that no transactions are missing. If there is an authentication error, create a new API passcode in Beanstream and configure the gateway to use that key.