VoterVoice is an advocacy software that helps organizations make their voice heard in the political arena. VoterVoice gives you tools to manage campaigns, awareness, grassroots engagement and legislative analysis at the local to national level. To set up this integration, you must have an account with VoterVoice that will allow API access. Click here to learn more, and/or contact email@example.com with any questions.
As your AMS, Atlas is "home base" for all of your members, prospective members and their related people and companies. This integration allows you to pull state and federal legislative district and government officials data into your Atlas profiles. This data can then be used for better member intelligence, targeting and analytics. The VV legislative data can be viewed within each profile, and updated periodically for new profiles as well as after election cycles.
In addition, you can sync the profiles in your Atlas database to VoterVoice, to use the advocacy tools available in VoterVoice in conjunction with the profile/contact information from Atlas.
What information is passed from Atlas to VoterVoice?
Atlas users can select a list of profiles in Atlas to pass to a contact list in VoterVoice through the integration. Only individual profiles with unique email addresses will be created as new contacts in VoterVoice. On these new contacts, the data passed includes:
To complete this sync, go to Communication > VoterVoice in the desktop application.
- Select Push profiles from Atlas to VoterVoice.
- Click Select Profiles, and use the Profile Selector to select the profiles you would like to sync. Note that to create a "contact" in VoterVoice, profiles must have a unique, valid email address.
- Click Sync Profiles. An email will be sent when complete.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: If you already have VoterVoice contacts populated from a source other than Atlas, the ID numbers of those contacts will not match the ID numbers generated by Atlas. If a Atlas profile has an email address that matches an existing contact that has been entered manually to VoterVoice (or through a means other than Atlas ), we cannot merge those two records. The Atlas sync result will return a "cannot update" notification in your results. The email does exist in VoterVoice, so no action is necessary, but if you want Atlas to be able to update the address/phone associated with that contact, you'll need to delete the contact out of VoterVoice before uploading from Atlas.
What data is passed from VoterVoice to Atlas?
For all profiles that have a valid address entered and are selected to sync, all available federal and state government district and official data will be saved in the Voter Voice tab in the Atlas profile. What data is returned is determined by the type of account/data you have access to in Voter Voice, and can include the following:
- President, Vice President, and other Federal Executive offices
- US Senate District/Senators
- US House District/Representative
- State Senate District/Senator
- State House District/Representative
- Party Affiliation where applicable
To sync this data into your Atlas profiles, go to Communication > VoterVoice.
- Enter an email to notify when the sync is complete
- To run an update on any new profile addresses or recent address changes, check the first option and choose a date after which profiles were updated to sync
- Note: while this may be the most frequent option that you choose moving forward, you need to run a full sync using the next option for your first time syncing data after enabling the integration
- To run a full sync of all address/district/official data on any set of profiles, check the second option. Click Select Profiles, and use the Profile Selector to search for the profiles you want to sync (you can choose all profiles in this step, though note that the process may take awhile).
- Click Run Sync. An email will be sent when the process is complete.
Once data is synced, you can see it on the "VoterVoice" tab within a profile in the desktop application, and/or search by VoterVoice district/official data in the Profile Selector.
How do I enable this integration?
All Atlas users on the Accelerate or Scale package have this integration included. Please contact the Help Team if you are interested in upgrading or have any questions.
In Atlas, go to Admin > Global Settings. Click Integrations, then click VoterVoice. Enter the Client ID and API Key provided to you by VoterVoice when you set up your account. Check the box to Update VoterVoice profile data each night for all profiles. Click Save.
What Configuration Settings are available in Atlas?
All syncing can be done manually with configuration options set each time a sync is complete (see above). However, if you would like the sync to run automatically each night for all profiles, you can choose this setting in Admin > Set Preferences > VoterVoice Integration.
This feature is included with the following Atlas packages.