Many of our clients have been long-time users of the QuickBooks Desktop application, successfully integrating with the Atlas database. If you are already integrated with your QuickBooks desktop application and are going to be switching to the QuickBooks Online version, the transition will require only a few steps to ensure that the accounts already in your Atlas database are connected to your new QuickBooks Online company information.
First, you'll need to change your Accounting Package to QuickBooks Online:
1. Go to Admin > Set Preferences > Application Settings and select the Accounting Package Integration tab. Click Edit Accounting Packages.
2. Click in the dropdown to change your Accounting Package from "Quickbooks" to "QuickBooks Online"
3. Scroll to the right and click Authorize and Test Connection.
4. Log in to your QuickBooks Online account (as an administrator), and click Authorize.
5. Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
Now, you'll need to re-import your accounts.
1. Go to Admin > Manage Codes > Revenue Codes > Account Codes.
2. Click Import Accounts from QuickBooks Online.
3. Select your Accounting Package from the dropdown, and click Get Accounts.
4. Select the accounts you want to import/update, and click Import Accounts.
The last piece of the puzzle will be to reassign Classes to your revenue items, if you use QuickBooks Classes. In each Revenue Item, select the Class from the dropdown and click Save.