You can create an event in WebLink for any program, luncheon, meeting, etc. that you want to either track registrations and/or promote on your website. You have many different options in terms of online settings, descriptions, pricing, etc.
1. Go to Events > Create a New Event.
2. Enter an event name. This is the name that will display on the online calendar (if you publish the event) and in reports.
3. Give a start and end date. You may also enter start and end times if necessary.
4. Choose the User that this event is assigned to. This is simply the staff member in charge of the event, and does not limit access to the event in WebLink.
5. Choose the event type. These are codes created by your Administrator, and indicate the category of the event (Networking, Educational, Legislative, etc.).
6. The Phone Number will automatically populate, but you may change them if necessary. The phone number will appear on the event web page.
7. The Email address will automatically populate for the user entering the event. You can change it if necessary. This email address will not appear on the website, but it will receive notifications each time an event registration is submitted.
8. If a Profile is associated with the event - for example, if the event is being hosted by a member (Hotel, Hall, etc.) - you may want to associate them with the event. Click the button and find the Profile. When the Profile is selected it will be inserted into the event.
9. Fill in the address information. If you've selected a Profile to associate with the event, that Profile's address information will automatically filled in the address fields.
10. Fill in any specific directions that will help people get to the event. For example, you may want to include parking instructions, meeting room locations, etc.
11. Check 'Event Closed' if you want to prevent this event from showing on your wesbite. If this box is UNCHECKED, the event will show on your online calendar as soon as it is saved. You can come back and check/uncheck this box at any time.
12. Check Disable Registration if you do not want an online registration form to be available on the website. You can come back and check/uncheck this box at any time.
13. Enter the maximum attendees for the event. This is an FYI field only, and will not limit or cut off registrations.
14. Under Event Designation, check the box for the online calendar on which you want the event to appear (Organizational, Community, Members Only, Internal). For example, if you want the event to appear on your online Community Calendar, check 'Community Event.' NOTE: 'Members Only Event' refers to a specific, Members Only calendar in your Members Only section of your website - it does NOT limit registration to members in any way. If you do not have a separate Members Only online calendar, you will not use this checkbox.
15. Choose your Payment Options. Note that 'Bill Sign Up' will be indicated online as 'Send me an invoice,' and will allow the person to register without paying (as will the Pay at Door option).
16. The Settings Tab: This tab allows you to use alternate information than the default settings. All the fields on this tab override the information provided by WebLink, and all are optional.
- Email to Receive Questions - this overrides the E-mail Address field at the top of the Event page for questions. Registrations will still be sent to the email address at the top of the page.
- Special Registration URL - this would be an alternate registration than the one provided by WebLink Connect. When users click the Register button on the online event page, they would be taken to this Registration URL. When an alternate registration URL is provided, WebLink Connect cannot manage registrations and attendance on that event.
- Related Website - this provides a link for more information about the event, whether that is on your site or the site of an alternate organization.
- Map Link Override - if there is better map link, such as on the organization's website, you can use that alternate map by filling in the Map Link Override. When users click the map link on the calendar page, they will be taken to that alternate map instead of the Google map of the address provided.
- Weather Link - the default weather link is to weather.com for the zip code of the event. This would override that link.
17. Fill in the description on the Description tab. This is field accepts HTML code, and you can use the Internal HTML editor to create the description by right-clicking in the Description field and choosing Internal HTML Editor. You can add images, hyperlinks, etc. in the Internal HTML Editor.
18. The Sign Up Confirmation Message is the message that is emailed to attendees upon registration of an event. This field is optional, and will simply have a default message including the event and items they register for with a total. If you enter any additional text into the field, it will appear above the default message. You can also right-click in this field and use the Internal HTML Editor to format the message and include images or links.
19. Click Save.