You can use the Member Portal as tool to collect past due invoices either by simply reminding the member of the money they owe or actually limiting their access to the member portal until the money is paid.
If you would like to remind a one or more members that they owe you money whenever they log in to the portal you can do the following:
- Go to Revenue>Invoice Selector
- Use the tools in the Invoice Selector to pull the invoice you wish to remind.
- Chose one, some or all the invoices.
- The right-Click and first choose Set Notification Message On Selected Invoices. (Item 1 in screenshot)
- A box will appear and you can type a message that the members linked to these invoices will see when they log in to the portal. Click Accept.
- Right-click again and choose Flag Selected Invoices To Show The Notification Message In Members Only If Unpaid. (Item 2 in screenshot)
- You can also offer them a link to go directly to the Online Bill Pay, right-click and choose Flag Selected Invoices to Show A Payment Link In The Notification Message. (item 3 in screenshot)
- Once you have completed this, when a member logs in, they will see the message you added and the link to online bill pay or a link to continue on to the portal. If they choose to pay the invoice, the flag is immediately cleared. You can also clear the flag from the menus as well.
If you would like to go a step further and disable member's portal access until the invoice is paid:
- Do the steps above down and then right-click and choose Flag Selected invoice To Disable Members Only Access If Unpaid. (Item 4 in Screenshot)
- Once you have completed this, when a member logs in, they will see the message you added and the link to online bill pay and that is all. To continue, they must first pay the invoice. Once they have paid the invoice, the flag is immediately cleared. You can also clear the flag from the menus as well.