How do I import my prepared Excel spreadsheet into Atlas?
Atlas allows you to import Profile data for organizations and their main contact people from a Microsoft Excel file. Note: Make sure you have properly prepared your data before importing into Atlas.
To ensure that your data is properly set up for import, please refer to these two articles:
1. Once your spreadsheet for import is prepared and saved, go to Admin > Import Profile Data From Excel.
2. Go to the Excel Import File Path box and click the '...' button. This will take you to the Windows Explorer box and there you will navigate to where you saved your Excel file.
3. Select the file and click Open.
6. Check the box for "Add Individual Profiles as Main Contact of Related Organization" if appropriate.
7. If you are setting a Member or Prospect status and want it to be applied to the Individuals and not Organizations, check the box for "Individual Profile is the Member/Prospect".
8. Set the Profile Relation Types you would like to set for the relationship between the Organization and Individuals. Usually Employer is set in the top box.
9. If importing affiliation codes, check the box for "Import Affiliation Code Value from Excel File".
A note about importing affiliation codes: they can be applied to just organizations, just individuals, or both.
11. Click "Step 1: Validate and Check for Duplicates" to begin the duplicate check process.
12. Review and process any duplicates. The system will do a duplicate check and allow you to either remove the duplicate from your spreadsheet, overwrite the existing profile, or to go ahead and create a duplicate record. This article includes detailed steps and options for the duplicate check process:
13. If you are satisfied with the data, then click the Import Data button. NOTE: This cannot be undone! Once the profiles are imported, they can only be deleted manually, one at a time.