How can I enter multiple payments received at an event?
Event Payments can be applied to event invoices exactly the same way any other payment in MC Trade would be applied. However, in addition to that option, there is a tool within an event to auto-generate a batch of payments for multiple event invoices. This is particularly useful if cash was collected at the door, and you now need to apply those payments.
1. Open the event for which you want to apply payments.
2. Click the Event Invoice tab.
3. Using your Ctrl key on your keyboard, highlight the rows containing the specific invoices to which you would like to apply payments.
4. With the invoices selected, right-click and choose Apply Payments to Selected Invoices.
5. Select the Accounting Package, then the appropriate Payment Type for all payments.
6. Enter the Payment Source as 'Event' (optional).
7. The Payment Date and Apply Date will default to the current date. You can change these if you want, but it is a best practice to make them the same date for accurate reporting.
8. Click Generate Payment Records.
NOTE: This option will apply the full amount outstanding for all selected invoices, and therefore cannot be used for partial payments. All payments will use the same Payment Type, and no individual information (such as check number) can be entered.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Want some training on MC Trade? Sign up today for one of our upcoming training options.
Please sign in to leave a comment.