Table of Contents
The Edit Profile Page
If using the Quick Search to type in the profile ID or name, once it appears, click the Edit Profile button.
If using the Profile Selector to create a list of profiles that match your criteria, click the Edit button on the left side of the profile you wish to edit.
If you have opened the Profile View screen, click on the Edit Profile button in the top left.
Whichever path above you take, it will lead you the Profile Edit screen.
On the left is a list of tabs, and on the right is information for the selected tab.
You can click on a tab, make a change, and click on another tab to make another change, and then Save. In other words, you do not have to save each change.
Below is a quick summary of the tabs:
- General Information: This tab includes the name of the individual or organization, the contact information, some organizational information, users that are attached to this record, and some checkboxes to flag the profile as a prospect, or to flag the profile to not receive email.
- Membership Information: This tab includes the membership level, the date that this level went into effect, the source of this membership, and a place to store related notes.
- Additional Addresses: This tab expands on the contact information by allowing further addresses to be entered (e.g., a billing address or a mailing address).
- Additional Phones: This tab expands on the contact information by allowing further phone numbers to be entered (e.g., a mobile number or a emergency number).
- Additional Emails: This tab expands on the contact information by allowing further email addresses to be entered (e.g., a work email or personal email).
- Listings: This tab allows one or more categories, level placement, and descriptions to be entered for listing this profile in the member directory.
- Embedded Video: This tab allows the HTML code of a video to be entered for displaying in the listing (for a video on YouTube, click Share, and Embed to copy the HTML code).
- Social Media: This tab allows social media links to be entered for several possible sites.
- Affiliation Codes: This tab allows one or more affiliation codes to be added to this profile.
- Billing: This tab allows one or more billing records to be created for generating invoices.
- Web Portal Credentials: This tab allows the member portal login credentials of this profile to be created, changed, reset, or disabled. It also offers a link to view the profile's portal.
- Custom Fields: This tab allows one or more custom fields to be set for tracking any further information that you desire.
- Notes: This tab allows notes about this profile to be stored.
- Delete Profile: This tab offers an option to delete the profile.
Breakdown of the Tabs
The fields and options will vary slightly between an organization profile and individual profile. Most of them are straight-forward (e.g., Address, City, and State), but several are listed below for clarification:
- Report Name: This is how the individual or organization will appear when searching MC Trade or running a report. Click here for more information about all of the name fields.
- Inherit Address: This option allows you to tell this profile to automatically use the address entered for a related profile. If you place a check here, a drop down list of Related Profiles will appear. Choosing a related profile will link the address fields of this profile to the address fields of the related profile.
- Inherit Phone: This option allows you to tell this profile to automatically use the phone numbers entered for a related profile. If you place a check here, a drop down list of Related Profiles will appear. Choosing a related profile will link the phone number fields of this profile to the phone number fields of the related profile.
If you check either inherit options and click Save, you may have to refresh the page for the address to appear. If it does not appear, you may want to confirm that the related profile even has an address.
- DBA Name: This allows you to store the "Doing Business As" name of an organization.
- Preferred Method of Billing: In MC Trade, you may either send a printed invoice or email a link to the invoice. This option allows you to change the profile's preferred method, so that, for example, you can search for profiles that have Email as the preference.
- Number of Full-Time and Number of Part-Time Employees: These numbers will also appear on the Profile View screen and can be added as criteria in the Profile Selector. For example, you search for profiles that have more than 100 full-time employees.
- Customers: Similar to the previous in that it can be added as criteria in the Profile Selector.
- Profile Status: This allows you to choose from a list of profile status codes, if these have been set up (Admin > Manage Codes > Profile Codes > Profile Status). A profile status code can indicate a member's standing (e.g., Active and Inactive) or can indicate why a non-member is in the database (e.g., Former Member or Vendor).
The profile status code can be automatically assigned through membership levels or automatically taken away through drop automation.
- Assigned To: This allows you to assign the profile to a user who could be responsible for retention or outreach efforts.
- Sold-By: This allows you to indicate the user that should appear in the line items of an invoice as the default sold-by user (although this can be changed).
- Prospect: This classifies the profile as a prospect.
- Do Not Send Email: If you place a check here, you are indicating that this profile should not receive email. There is criteria on the Profile Selector for this and a warning if you attempt to email anyone who has been set to not receive email.
This tab allows you to view or edit the membership level of an existing member.
- For a non-member, this tab will be grayed out.
- If you want to turn a non-member into a member, you will need to go back to the Profile View screen and click Add As A Member (top left).
- If you want to turn a member into a non-member, go back to the Profile View screen and click Drop Member (top left).
- The Member Source allows you to track how you got this member. Member source codes must be set up (Admin > Manage Codes > Member Codes > Member Source Codes).
This tab allows you to add more possible addresses for this profile.
By choosing a Type, you may add an additional billing address, default address, home address, mailing address, or physical address.
This tab allows you to add more possible phone numbers for this profile.
This tab allows you to add more possible e-mail addresses for this profile.
By choosing a Type, you may an additional personal or work e-mail.
The Listings tab affect how this member will appear in the member directory.
- On the member directory, you can search by category, so the category selected here would serve that purpose. They generally are set up around industry (e.g., Government or Construction).
- Categories can also have subcategories. You will not see a Subcategory drop down list unless you select a category that has subcategories.
- Listing Levels affect how this member will appear on the directory's category list page while Details Listing Level affects their individual company page in the directory.
- Level 5 is the highest listing and includes all possible features.
- You can add more than one listing, but be sure to uncheck Primary Listing for additional listings.
- The Short Description will appear on the directory's category list page while Long Description will appear on their individual company page in the directory.
Click here to learn how you can enhance your member listing.
When adding or editing a listing, you can click Expand Listing Overrides at the bottom, and hide information such as the address or phone number. Conversely, you can override profile information, and change the information such as showing a different address or phone number.
If Main Contacts are enabled, you can change which main contact is displayed by clicking on the Display Related Profile drop down list.
The embedded video allows you to add a video to your listing.
If you go to, for example, YouTube, you would click Share, and choose Embed. This will provide you with code which you can paste in this field (adjusting the height and width if desired).
The Social Media tab allows you to add social media addresses for the following:
- Angie's List
- Open Table
The Affiliation Codes tab allows you to choose from a list of Affiliation Codes on the left and click the arrow to move each wanted code to the right or move each unwanted code back to the left.
The Billing tab allows you to create a billing record which will be used when you generate invoices.
- The Billing Cycle will be the schedule used when you generate invoices (Revenue > Generate Invoices). See the example below.
Example: Assume that your anchor is March 1, 2024.
|Billing will fall on
|March-December of 2024 and then every month of 2025 and on
|Every 3 Months
|March, June, September, and December of every year
|Every 6 Months
|March and September of every year
|Every 12 Months
|March of 2024, March of 2025, and on
- The Yearly Total will first determine a monthly total by multiplying the Amount Unit Price and Quantity. Then it will multiple the monthly total by 12 months.
- The Base Price, if clicked and entered, will be added after (Amount Unit Price x Quantity + Base Price) while the Flat Fee, if clicked and entered, will override everything - the Amount Unit Price, Quantity, and Base Price.
Click here for more information on managing billing records.
Web Portal Credentials
The Web Portal Credentials tab allows you to manage this profile's username and password for the member portal.
- The username can be defined or left blank and the profile's e-mail address would be used.
- The username and password may be set manually or set by pushing a reset link to the member.
- Another option is to push the reset link to the member in a customized email (Communication > Send Email) which means this could be sent out to multiple profiles at once.
Click here for more information.
The Custom Fields tab allows you to add one or more custom fields that you have created and store more information about this profile.