This report provides you with a breakdown of membership retention metrics, including financial figures and member retention percentages from a date that you specify. The first page of the report shows your overall Retention Information, with following pages done for each Member Level.
Use this report to analyze membership retention trends and their financial impact over a course of time.
Where the Data Pulls from
Left Half of Report
Selects Profiles based on MemberActivity and billing data. ActivityDate>= beginning date entered at runtime and less than the end date entered, for MemberActivity types that have an add or drop code and all renewal dues billings with an apply date in the date range entered.
- NewMembers = member activity type add code = true for the month appearing on the report
- New Investment = sum of all active billing records for Dues type revenue, for profiles with a "Join" member activity in the date range entered
- DroppedMembers = member activity type drop code = true for the month appearing on the report
- Lost Investment = sum of all Dues billing records that were inactivated on or after the member Drop date, for profiles with a Drop activity in the date range entered
- Gain (Loss) = New Members – Dropped Members
- Gain (Loss) Investment = New Investment – Lost Investment
- Total Members = End Member Count + Total Drops – Total Adds + New Members – Dropped Members for the month appearing on the report
- End Member Count = count of ProfileID where Member = true
- Total Drops = count Member Activity where drop code = true and activity date >= beginning date and < current date
- Total Adds = count Member Activity where add code = true and activity date >= beginning date and < end date
Right Half of Report
Selects Profiles based on InvoiceLineItem data. The report looks for invoices whose line items are of the dues type revenue item where the month of the invoice line item apply date = month of beginning date and the year of the invoice line item apply date = year of beginning date where there also isn’t a join member activity during the same time frame (month & year of beginning date).
- Accounts Billed = counts the profiles who have an invoice for the time frame specified
- Accounts Paid = counts the profiles who have paid their invoice for the time frame specified
- Member Retention = if the count of invoice line item amount > 0 then it takes the Accounts Paid / Count of Profiles * 100
- Amount Billed = sum of invoice line item amount
- Amount Paid = sum of adjusted payment amount
- Investment Retention = if the sum of adjusted payment amount > 0 then sum(adjustment payment amount) / sum (invoice line item amount) * 100
How to Run
From the File Menu, choose Reports > Member Reports > Member Retention
Upon running the report, it will prompt you for the following parameter(s):
- BeginDate (BeginDate) - Enter a start date to find member activity in.
- Membership Level - Select "All Members" to run for all membership levels, or choose a specific level
- EndDate - Enter an end date to see add/drops/renewals through
Here is a sample of the report's output:
Please sign in to leave a comment.