The Data Export/Reporting Tool (DERT) is a quick and easy way to extract lots of data from MC Trade in an easy-to-use Wizard format. When you use the DERT, MC Trade walks you through a series of steps to help make it easy to find, filter and report on the data you need to see. The DERT tool is completed in 4 easy steps:
- Choosing a Data Group
- Selecting the Fields top be included in your Export
- Setting Filters to decide which data gets pulled
- Setting the Sort Order of the Results
- Previewing the Results
- Saving you Query for later use / Exporting your Data to Excel
Follow these steps to create a query in the DERT:
- In the main menu, go to Reports > Data Export/Reporting Tool.The Data Export/Reporting Tool window will open.
- Click Create a New Query.
- Choose the group of data you would like to work with from the drop-down menu. Each data group contains many database fields in the area indicated: for example, the Events data group shows all fields found within an event.
- An alphabetical list of all fields within that data group appears. Check the boxes next to the fields you would like to see displayed in your Query, then click Add Selected Fields.
- Click Next: Set Filters.
- On the Filters screen, you will add filters to determine which data you want to see - for example, only members, or only attendees from a certain event, or only invoices with a balance greater than $0. Click Add a New Filter. A new Row will appear with a drop-down menu of all the fields from the Data View you selected. If you want, you can reduce this list to just the fields you included in your Export by checking the Only Display Fields I have in my export box. You can filter the data based on any of the fields in the data group. Start by choosing the field by which you would like to filter.
- Set the Operator drop-down menu to Equal To, Starts With, Contains, etc. depending on what you are searching for. For example, to include Members Only, select Member checkbox = True. You can add as many Filters as you like, and you can group their order by setting different Filter Groups.
- Click Next: Set Criteria.
- Enter your Criteria. This will mean typing in text/numbers if the field you are filtering by is a text field (like Profile Status or Zip Code), selecting a date if it is a date field (like Member Since date), or even simply choosing 'true' or 'false' if it is a checkbox field (like the Member checkbox).
- You can add as many additional filters for your Query as necessary.
- Click Next: Set Sort Order.
- Click Add Sort to choose the field by which you want your Query sorted, and whether you want it in Ascending or Descending order. You can add additional Sort fields if you would like to have secondary (etc.) sorting.
- Click Next: Preview Data.
- Your data is displayed in the data grid, with a record count at the bottom.
- To export this data, click Go at the bottom right of the screen. It will export to a CSV (Comma Separated Value) file that simply opens in Excel. You can then work with it and save it in Excel.
- If you need to do more work with the Profiles listed in your Preview (such as Email them or add them to an Affiliation Code), click Open profiles in Profile Selector. The Profile Selector will open with a list of these Profile ID's in the Advanced Search box. Click Preview to load them in the Profile Selector Data Grid. Note: You must have the Profile ID fields as one of your Selected data for this option to work.
- If you would like to save this Query, click Save Query for Future Use. You will be saving the fields, filters and sort order to run again in the future and get an updated list.
- Enter a Query Name and Description. By default the Query will be assigned to you, but you can change this to another user or All Users if you prefer.
- Click Save.
All saved Queries that are assigned to you are displayed in the My Saved Queries section of the Data Export/Reporting Tool. You can also access your save queries on the My Saved Queries home screen on your 'Home' tab.
This feature is included or available for purchase with the following MC Trade packages.
Watch a Training Video:
Please sign in to leave a comment.