To configure the settings and styles for the BETA Directory:
- Click on the Admin menu, Global Settings, and Web Preferences.
- In the list on the left, click BETA Directory Settings.
- Choose your Website Domain from the drop down list. This will only appear if you have multiple websites/domains for your MC Trade pages.
Directory title: appears above the search bar as the main screen title.
Directory subtitle: appears in smaller text just below search title.
Header image: a background image for the header search bar can be uploaded here. Note that the image is not saved to the settings until "Save Settings" is clicked in the upper right corner.
Header color: if no image is chosen, the color block for the search bar can be set here. Note that this color block determines the text color of the title and subtitle above, so even if you use an image, you may want to choose a dark or light color here to manipulate whether the text color is black or white. This color is also used to highlight Level 5 listings.
Google maps api key: if this is populated (and valid), a map will display on both the listing results page and the detail page for each listing with valid coordinates (functionality is the same as the current directory)
Days a member is new: The number of days after joining (the Member Since Date on the profile) that a member listing will be included in the New Member page with the New Member icon.
Directory Menu Settings
Show directory home menu item: If enabled, the menu will have a link back to the search landing page for the directory
Show new members menu item: If enabled, the menu will have a link to a results page displaying only new member listings
Show all categories menu item: If enabled, the menu will have a link to a page listing all categories with subcategories in a hierarchy, all linked to their respective results pages
- Search Options
- Allow filter options for Affiliation Codes in the following Affiliation Type IDs: This determines which affiliation type(s) should appear in the search/results filter. It should be entered as a comma-separated list. For example: 5,6 will display affiliation types 5 and 6.
Each affiliation type will appear as a collapsible section in the Filter window. Under each type, only the codes that are configured as Available in web searches will appear.
- Allow filter options for the following location types: This determines which location-based filters should appear in the search/results filter: City, State, Zip, and/or County.
- Listing Results Options: This allows you to remove information from the listing results: Main Contact Names, Email Contact Forms, and/or Member Since Dates.
- Restriction Settings
- Require Authentication: If enabled, all directory pages (search, results, details) will prompt for login and require the user to meet the Portal Settings restrictions in the Configuration Settings to view the directory.
- Display Members Listings Only: If enabled, it will only display listings on profiles that are flagged as a member.
- Display Listings Only from Entity ID: This will limit the results to only listings assigned to the Entity ID that is entered.
- Display Listings with Affiliations Only: Multiple affiliation codes can be entered here to limit the results to listings on profiles with those affiliation codes. After you enter part, or all, of the code, a list of possibilities will appear. Click on the desired code to add it.
Once all settings have been configured, click Save Settings in the upper right corner. Changes will take effect immediately, but may require a hard refresh or cache clear if you are viewing the directory in your browser prior to making these changes.
Webpage data is sometimes saved to your computer (cached) so that it can load the page faster. Therefore it is sometimes necessary to reload a page by performing a hard refresh (press Ctrl+F5) which refreshes the page while clearing the cache for that page.