A basic, standard listing contains simple contact information including address, phone number, and website. You can enhance this listing to include additional information, or change the information that displays, by opening the member's listing in your database.
Basic Enhancement Options
- Search for and open the profile for which you would like to enhance a listing, click Edit Profile and navigate to the Listings tab.
- First, you can enhance a member's Listing by pushing it to the top of the category page, for higher exposure, using the Listing Position field. Level (1) is the highest level.
- You can include additional information on a listing, including highlighting the background color of the listing and displaying logos, by setting the Listing Level. Level 5 is the highest Listing Type, and includes all possible features. The Listing Level refers to the member as displayed on the category list page, while the Details Listing Level refers to the member's individual company page on your website. You can view and configure the different levels by going to Admin > Configuration Settings > any of the first four sections of Configuration Settings (Search Page, Category Page, Results Page, Listing Page Settings).
Set Business Descriptions, Keywords, etc.
- Click the Business Description tab. The Long Business Description appears on the listing detail page for this member.
- Additional Keywords entered here will be used to find this listing based on the Keyword Search on the directory search page. *Best Practice: enter alternative spellings of the member's name as keywords*
- Products/Services describes the offerings of this member, and appears on the member's page if the Detail Listing Type is set to 4 or 5.
- The Short Description appears on the listing in the category list page.
Click Save Profile at the top when finished editing.
Logos, Photos and Videos
- To add a logo and/or photo to a member's Listing, scroll down towards the bottom left of the member's profile to the Web Content box.
- Click Manage All to view all existing web content or add new web content.
- To upload a new logo, click the New Web Content button in the top right and select a Title, Format, and Content Type. The format should be Image and the Content Type must be Listing_Logo. Hit the Upload a File button that appears once you choose a Format and find the member's logo on your computer. The logo should already be formatted to the appropriate size (this will vary depending on your directory).
- Click Save.
- You can also upload an image to appear on the member's detail listing page, using the 'Listing_Photo1' through 'Listing_Photo10] Content Types. Follow steps 2-5, changing only the Content Type. You can add up to 10 listing photos, repeating these steps for each one.
- In addition to adding images, you can also embed the code for a member's YouTube video. This can be added by going to Edit Profile > Social Media.
- Select YouTube and copy the Embed Code obtained from YouTube into the field that opens below the dropdown menu. Click Save Profile.
You can now see the updated, enhanced listing on the member's category and detail pages on your directory.
Please sign in to leave a comment.