In the Admin section of your database, you have the ability to configure system default settings that determine what email address notifications go to or come from, default text, set up integrations, and more. You can find many of these settings under Admin > Global Settings.
In the Global Settings page, you'll find all of your settings organized on the left menu by sections. See below for a summary of each section:
You can create any number of templates to control the look of communications and event descriptions. There are three different responsive newsletter email templates pre-loaded into your MC Trade database, with three different layouts. You can edit those existing templates, or copy and paste them to create new templates: access the templates and learn more about best practices for email design here.
- Existing templates, including our standard/sample email templates, are displayed in the grid. You can click Actions to either view/edit or delete any existing templates.
- To add a new template, click Add an HTML Template. Give the template a title and if you would like to limit the template to only one specific user, select them from the Assigned To dropdown (leave this blank to make the template accessible to all users)
- Use the simple HTML Editor to design your template, or, if you have code from a third party designer, click the "<>Source" button in the editor. Paste in your code, then click Source again to see the preview mode.
- To copy an existing template, click Actions > Edit. Click into the HTML editor, and then hit Ctrl-A on your keyboard. The full code of the template will be selected. Hit Cancel. Click Add an HTML Template, and then paste in the html of the template that you copied, entering a new name for the template.
- Click Save to save your changes. The template will be available to use in any email sent out of the system.
MC Trade has a number of different integrations built in to the application directly, and some are set up in other areas of the system depending on third party requirements. However, in Global Settings you can set up the integrations for your Credit Card Gateway(s), MailChimp or Intacct email providers, and VoterVoice.
Click here to learn more about setting up your Credit Card gateway(s).
Online Payment Settings
This section contains several settings for how you want the system to handle online payments made through your website.
- Profile ID for anonymous online purchases: this is the profile to which invoices will be assigned when event registrations or eCommerce purchases come in through your website from anonymous, unauthenticated users. This value cannot be blank.
- Online payment's payment type: this is the default payment type used in any online payment in which there is not another payment type specified - for example, you can override this payment type on a specific event item, or by setting different default payment types on each Accounting Package. Note that this value also determines the corresponding credit card gateway to use.
- Enable automatic receipts: this indicates the defualt "from" email and name, as well as the text displayed above the invoice summary and payment receipt for payments made in your Online Bill Pay page. This same receipt is also used when manually processing payments in MC Trade, if you choose the "Send Receipt" option when saving.
- Default Content: this contains the Portal Welcome Message text that appears on the landing page when your members log in to the Members Only portal. You can use the HTML Editor to format this section, and include hyperlinks, images, etc. There are also default content values for system emails in this section, including the directory email form and Front Desk.
Misc Settings: these options tell the system how to display certain web components in miscellaneous pages on your website.
- Hide transaction history in portal: if this is not checked, members will see a history of their previous paid invoices on the Online Bill Pay page in the portal. You can check this setting to hide those paid invoices.
- Send community calendar approval email: if this is checked, users that submit Community Calendar events will receive an email not just upon submission, but also when you flag the event as approved.
- Require approval for coupons: if this is checked, all submitted coupons will need to be approved under Communication > Coupons before they appear in your directory or Coupon List page.
- Coupon module label: if you want to rename the Title of your coupon list, you can enter an alternate name for the page/section here.
- Branding Settings: this section is where you can update the style of your public form pages, including the event registration form and your online join form. Click here to learn more.
Email Address for Notifications
This section allows you to indicate which user/email should receive different notifications based on actions completed by members and website users throughout your system.
- Receive Unsubscribe Notification: receives the notification when a user clicks the "Unsubscribe" link from any email, with the email/profile that clicked the link.
- Member Portal Update Notification: receives a copy of the Profile Update Form submissions made through the member portal
- Online Bill Pay Notification: receives a copy of the confirmation when a payment is made via Online Bill Pay in the member portal
- Community Calendar Submission Notification: receives notification that someone has submitted a Community Calendar event for approval
- Benefit Renewal Notification: receives the confirmation email that the system has auto-renewed any benefits flagged to renew each night
Please sign in to leave a comment.