MC Trade uses Categories and Sub-Categories to classify your members. You assign these Categories and Sub-Categories when you create Listing Records on the Listings Tab in a Profile Record.
1. In the main menu, go to Admin > Manage Codes, then click Member Codes > Category Codes.
2. Click Add a Category.
3. In the Category text field, enter the name of your new Category Code.
4. In the Description text field, enter the Description of your new Category Code.
5. In the Keywords text field, enter descriptive words or synonyms that will help identify this Category. Separate these words with a comma. Keywords help identify the appropriate Category in the Business Directory Search field, and also create Page Title and Meta Information for your directory web pages.
6. In the SIC Code, NAICS Code, Other Code 1, or Other Code 2 text fields, enter any identifying industry codes you want to track with this Category Code.
7. The Standard Category refers to the online directory 'Quick Links' section that this Category will fall under. This is automatically assigned, but you can change it if it was not assigned correctly. The list of Standard Categories is static and cannot be changed.
8. Click Save.
If you are entering Sub-Categories with a Category Code (OPTIONAL), click the Sub-Categories menu on the left.
1. Click Add a Sub-Category.
2. Enter the sub-category name, then select the Category under which you want it to appear on your Online Directory.
3. Enter a description for the sub-category.
4. Enter keywords specific to this sub-category, that will help identify this sub-category in web searches like you did for the parent categories.
5. Click Save.